PCC Housing Policy
Purpose: The purpose of this policy is to provide adequate and sustainable housing and housing assistance to those who are called to serve full time on PCC staff.
- A separate Housing committee will be formed to administer the housing policy;
- Church owned housing is to be considered transitional housing and members of the Housing Committee will work together to secure a stable and long-term housing solution.
- Access to Church owned housing, equity share arrangements, and rental subsidies will be prayerfully allocated according to the resources available to PCC and to the Housing Committee and an equitable combination of family size and life stage, financial need, years of service, and the significance of the individual’s role to the mission of PCC.
- Rental subsidies are for staff members who are not in church-owned housing or participating in an equity share agreement. All requests will be immediately evaluated and granted subsidies will be reviewed every 12 months.
- Rental rates of PCC owned homes will be reviewed and set by June 1st each year and will be set not just on the value of the home, but also on the occupants’ ability to pay.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)/contract agreement between participating staff and PCC will be established at the time of the initial arrangement with updates occurring whenever there are changes.
- PCC will partner with other individuals or organizations to establish options for below market housing and potential equity sharing opportunities for their staff.